The 2018 Protein Trends & Technologies Post Conference Magazine: Formulating with Proteins provides a summary of key points from speakers at this event’s technology program. The speakers below delivered insights for product developers formulating with proteins.
- Trends & Takeaways in the [Still] Hot Protein Product Marketplace
New protein products and consumer attitudes toward plant- and meat-based proteins.
– Lynn Dornblaser, Director, Innovation & Insight, Mintel
- Food Allergies: A Challenge for Current and Emerging Proteins
The essential challenge is to explain why and how potential allergenicity problems occur with a new protein.
– Steve Taylor, Ph.D., Professor and Co-Director, Food Allergy Research and Resource Program, University of Nebraska
- Plant Proteins: Opportunities, Challenges & Tips for Successful Use in Formulations
Overview of factors impacting plant protein ingredient functionality.
– Anusha Samaranayaka, Ph.D., Senior Scientist, POS Bio-Sciences
- Formulating with Whey in a Fully Transparent Market
Nutritional studies and tips on choosing whey protein ingredient types for muscle synthesis.
– Chris Lockwood, Ph.D., President, Lockwood LLC
- Nutrition Strategies to Protect Muscle Health During Aging: The Value of Protein
Protein amount and amino acid type needed for muscle maintenance in the elderly.
– Douglas Paddon-Jones, Ph.D., Professor, Department of Nutrition and Metabolism, The University of Texas Medical Branch
- Non-GMO Transparency: Understanding Your Options
Discussion on how to choose and work with third-party, non-GMO certifiers.
– Nancy Knight, Director of Quality and Regulatory Compliance, Orgain
- Protein + Flavor = A Formulation Challenge
Practical tips used to optimize results when flavoring higher protein-level products.
– Robert J. McGorrin, Ph.D., Jacobs-Root Professor & Department Head, Dept. of Food Science & Technology, Oregon State University
- Protein Quality and Labeling: Defending Attacks from Regulators, Attorneys and Competitors
Insights into how to avoid legal action from governmental to competitive sources based on protein claims.
– Justin J. Prochnow, Shareholder, Greenberg Traurig, LLP
- 2018 Protein Trends & Technologies Formulating with Proteins Magazine Sponsor Profiles