The 2013 Protein Trends & Technologies Post Conference Magazine provides a summary of key points from speakers at this event that focused on formulating with proteins. World-class speakers covered factors impacting the protein ingredient marketplace and delivered insights for product developers formulating with proteins.
Table of Contents:
- Muscling to the Top: Insights, Growth and the Promise of Protein
– Tom Vierhile, MBA, Innovation Insights Director, Datamonitor, a unit of Informa plc.
- Strategic Insights into the Global Protein Ingredient Market
– Christopher Shanahan, MBA, Global Program Manager-Food and Feed Ingredients Practice, Frost & Sullivan
- Protein Packing Products: The Nutritional Rational
– Christine Steele, Ph.D., director, Science, Innovation & Education, Abbott Nutrition
- Product Claims: Navigating FDA/FTC Regulations
– Judie Dziezak, JD, MS, principal, Dziezak Law Firm, P.C.
- Pulses: From Global Staples to On-trend Products
– Chef Charlie Baggs, President & Executive Chef, Charlie Baggs, Inc.
- Emerging Protein Technologies for Formulation Solutions
– Edward Sliwinski, Ph.D., head of the Protein Centre, NIZO food research
- Using Protein-rich Components to Achieve Desired Labeling
– Scott Martling, MS, Group Leader R&D, International Food Network