March 31, 2021 — The presentation “Emerging Protein Trends & Interesting News Bites” was given by Claudia Dziuk O’Donnell, Co-Owner, Global Food Forums. This brief opening was followed by three technical presentations in this Global Food Forums’ 2021 Premium Protein Webinar series “Overcoming Formulation Issues when Formulating with Proteins.”
The webinar description is as follows: “This presentation offers a short, fast-paced tour through recent data and thought-provoking (even curious) news items on the food protein industry. Topics include consumer attitudes; Covid-19’s impact; current, emerging and truly novel protein sources; developing marketplace trends & concepts.”
Slides are on the following topics.
- Consumer and industry trends, including the impact of Covid-19, on new product introductions and consumer behavior
- The plant and animal industry’s efforts to improve their ingredients
- A chart on industry practices and regulations regarding the amount of protein in protein concentrate and isolate ingredients.
- “Test Your Protein Knowledge” slides on the most used protein ingredient category, new sources, American’s largest farmland owner and one immediate benefit of insect proteins.
Click on the links to access:
- The PowerPoint, containing active links, of Claudia O’Donnell’s “Emerging Protein Trends & Interesting News Bites.”
- A summary of this presentation plus expanded information will be published by early summer of 2021.
- See the video in its entirety below.